Why Insurance Companies choose us!
SERVPRO mixes customer service with accountability. They understand your obligation to provide results to your clients. SERVPRO of Stone Mountain is exclusively qualified to help when disaster strikes, making you their "hero" in a desperate time of need.
We are here to make you look superior.
There are many ways to ensure success as an insurance agent. Having a strong staff, a company who pays claims in an ethical and timely manner, advertising, being involved in your community, and maintaining a positive relationship with your clients are just a few. SERVPRO of Stone Mountain/Clarkston knows how critical it is that every job goes as perfect as possible, ensuring your clients trust you time and time again when they need assistance. Our teams are trained to reduce the time lost and mitigate the damages done as quickly as possible. Whether it’s water, mold, fire, a storm, or any cleanup; SERVPRO of Stone Mountain/Clarkston is here to help, 24 hours a day.
Our group of qualified team members are available for calls 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. You earn your client’s loyalty by providing them solutions in rapid timing. You provide help in a time of need. Our team members are available to take the call on their business line, without putting your client through the hassle of dealing with a call center. We personally return client's call, offer a listening ear, and take away some of the fear that they are experiencing.
Having a relationship with SERVPRO of Stone Mountain/ Clarkston and our team of highly trained professionals has many benefits. We will ensure help arrives quickly (following our 1-4-8 time commitment), and our production team will help your clients regain control of their lives by treating them with respect, consideration, and working hard to get the job done correctly the first time. There are no unwelcome surprises with SERVPRO of Stone Mountain/Clarkston. Calling direct reduces the amount of wait time. The faster SERVPRO's team can arrive onsite to perform the cleanup, the better the results.
That’s the SERVPRO difference. Contact us at the SERVPRO® of Stone Mountain/Clarkston at 770-496-1976. We are always here to help!
We are cleaning experts
We are here to help during this trying time!
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis. The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
Carpets and Rugs
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Stone Mountain/Clarkston, 770-496-1976
Storm waters pouring into a catch basin.
Are you ready for Severe Weather?
Severe weather is unpredictable and SERVPRO® of Stone Mountain/Clarkston wants you to be safe no matter the season! Below are some severe weather readiness tips to help guide you, no matter what type of disaster you may encounter.
Weather Radios: Weather radios are the most reliable way to receive notifications of severe weather in your area. Although cellular phones, weather apps, social media as well as wireless emergency alerts (WEA’s) are what the majority of us depend on to keep informed, the truth is those devices can have their limitations during severe weather and can be interrupted. Mobile devices rely on towers and those towers can be damaged and cease to function during severe weather. A weather radio, WITH CHARGED BATTERIES, is the most reliable way to be informed of severe weather. Be sure to properly program your weather radio so you only receive the alerts you want for the counties you want.
Emergency Supply Kit: Having an emergency kit can be a life saver. Most emergency management agencies recommend supplies for up to three days. The following is a list you can use as a guideline:
- Water – 1 gallon per person per day
- Food – non-perishable
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a weather radio
- Extra batteries for radio and flashlight
- Frist Aid kit
- Whistle to signal help
- Clothing, blankets
- Dust mask or bandanas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags, and duct tape
- Wrench or other tools to shut off utilities
- Hygiene items
- Important documents. (Copy of insurance policy, bank account info, identification, etc.)
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in waterproof case
Make family plan: Make sure all members in the household are aware where they are to go in the event of severe weather. If for some reason the family is separated in the event of a severe storm, have a meeting place established as to aid in finding each other amidst devastation.
Call SERVPRO® of Stone Mountain/Clarkston 770-496-1976. We are here to help!
The Restoration Process for Water Damage
Water damage in a retail store.
WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION PROCESS
SERVPRO® has a six-step restoration process that all clients are brought through. This process assures that the home or office is always restored to a clean, sanitary state as quickly and as efficiently as possible. SERVPRO clients have had this six-step process applied to their water damage disasters.
The six-step process includes:
1) Initial contact
SERVPRO is proud to offer 24-hour emergency response. Here at SERVPRO, we understand that, when dealing with water damage emergencies, every minute counts. When you call, the SERVPRO representative will ask specific questions regarding your particular water damage emergency.
2) Inspection and assessment
The restoration process will officially begin with a detailed assessment of the damage by a SERVPRO professional. There are different classification levels of contamination that will determine what steps are required to complete the restoration.
3) Water extraction/removal
The water extraction process will remove the majority of the water from the home of office. If extensive restoration is needed, SERVPRO can conduct a “move out” to safely and efficiently move out belongings. SERVPRO professionals will inspect and determine if carpet or carpet padding will need to be replaced.
After the water removal process, floors and walls will need to be dried and dehumidified fully to prevent warping or potential mold damage. Using specialized equipment, SERVPRO professionals will remove the last trace amounts of moisture in the home or office.
After extracting the water and fully drying the surfaces, SERVPRO professionals will clean the surfaces as well as belongings like furniture and personal items that may have been damaged by the water. SERVPRO professionals will also deodorize with industrial scrubbers and fogging equipment.
The final step in the process is restoration, which may include things like minor repair to drywall, installing new carpet, or other reconstruction.
SERVPRO’s professional water damage restoration experts have been trained to strict industry standards, and use state of the art industrial equipment. It’s SERVPRO’s goal to make it seem, “Like it never happened.”
Please contact the SERVPRO® of Stone Mountain / Clarkston for any of your commercial needs.
SERVPRO® is Ready to Help 24/7 if Your Home Has Water Damage
When you are dealing with water damage in your home quick action is critical. Delaying drying service can increase damage caused to your property and cause mold and rot. SERVPRO of Stone Mountain/Clarkston always answers your call and will send professional help quickly to clean up the mess and help you through the disaster.
What to Expect When You Call
When you call, we will ask many questions regarding the water damage. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources will be needed.
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water damaged home or business
- When did the water damage or flooding occur?
- What caused the water damage?
- What year was the home or building built?
- Is electricity available?
- What rooms are affected?
- What type of flooring is in the affected areas?
- Does the home have a basement, a crawlspace or on a slab?
If your home or business experiences water damage, rest assured our staff and technicians are equipped with the knowledge and equipment to restore your property. Call SERVPRO of Stone Mountain/Clarkston at 770-496-1976 to get immediate help.
Fire Damage Emergency Tips
After the fire department has put out the fire successfully and you are left with the aftermath of fire damage, what should you do?
What to Do After A Fire
- Your primary focus should be safety first. Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Wet materials can be very heavy. Be careful.
- Call SERVPRO of Stone Mountain/Clarkston to be assured that you will have a professional team to mitigate the fire damage.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
What NOT to Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces. Leave that to the professionals.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that my have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixture if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
The professional team at SERVPRO of Stone Mountain/Clarkston will evaluate the extent of the fire damage and walk through with the homeowner to explain the mitigation process and what can be salvaged, cleaned and deodorized. Call 770-496-1976.
Our goal is to make it "Like it never even happened."
Safety Tips for Using a Space Heater
Recently SERVPRO of Stone Mountain/Clarkston was called to mitigate for fire damage caused by a space heater being too close to flammable drapes. Furniture, rugs, electronics, curtains, books and pictures were charred and wet. Our professional team went immediately to work evaluating the damage and sorting through the contents of the damaged areas with the homeowner. However, this fire could probably been prevented if the homeowner had followed the safety tips for space heaters.
It is not uncommon for people to use space heaters in conjunction with their heating systems.
Below are some safety tips of using a space heater:
- Space heaters should have certification labels on them. It ensures that they were tested in a laboratory for safety.
- Read instructions and warning labels prior to using a space heater.
- Do not use a space heater that has a frayed or damaged electrical cord.
- Never leave a space heater running when no one is in the room.
- Turn off space heaters when leaving the house or going to sleep.
- Have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home.
- Change batteries in battery operated smoke detectors.
- Space heaters should only be used temporarily.
- Do not put items or materials within three feet of a space detector.
- Space heaters should not be plugged into an extension cord, but into the wall outlet.
SERVPRO of Stone Mountain/Clarkston has the professional technicians, the equipment and training needed to properly mitigate fir damage in homes and businesses. Call us to help at 770-496-1976.
Ways To Protect Your Home From Water Damage
Did you know water damage can be one of the costliest and most common disasters your home may experience? Bursting pipes, malfunctioning appliances and storm damage are just some of the ways water can your home! While water damage can be a common issue to deal with as a homeowner, there are things you can do to protect your home from and possibly avoid these tragic scenarios.
Not only will you find that water damage is a big headache to deal with, but it can also have a long-term impact on your home—namely, mold. Mold can start to grow in as little as 24–48 hours of water exposure, so it is important to prepare beforehand for the things that can cause it.
As you begin to think about ways to safeguard your home, break it down by areas of impact to make the task easier.
You can prevent water damage from happening in the basement by checking for water seepage. Look for vulnerable areas of the basement that may need resealing, make sure water drains away from your home, and install a backwater valve.
In the kitchen and bathrooms, water damage can occur due to plumbing and appliance failures.
Be sure to regularly:
- Inspect all appliances, correcting any issues with hoses and faucets
- Check all seals and caulking around your showers and tubs.
- Know where the main shut-off valve is in your home
- Only run the washing machine or dishwasher while you are home.
It may seem like recovering from water damage is an overwhelming and slightly impossible task, but it doesn’t have to be. Working with SERVPRO® of Stone Mountain/Clarkston simplifies the entire process of water damage from drying to insurance claims. Call on our highly trained experts who are here to make it "Like it never even happened." at 770-496-1976.
Summer Safety Tips | SERVPRO® of Stone Mountain/ Clarkston
Happy 4th of July!
There is nothing like firing up the grill during the summer months! Did you know, July is the peak month for grill fires? A backyard barbeque can become dangerous quickly if proper safety precautions aren’t considered.
July is also the peak time for firework related injuries. According to the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission, each year around 230 people are injured seriously enough to require medical treatment after firework related incidents. Fireworks also cause fires to hundreds of homes each year costing millions of dollars in repairs.
As your local SERVPRO® professional, we want you to have an enjoyable and safe summer. Consider the following tips to help ensure your summer celebrations are disaster free!
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and over hanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- When using a charcoal grill, let the coal completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear.
- Do not to try to relight or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don’t go off or in case of fire. Children should never pick up fireworks that may be left over as they may still be active.
- The Safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display conducted by trained professionals.
SERVPRO® Helps Churches that Experience Water Damage
Catastrophes such as fires, storms, and flooding can cause great damage to a church property and the important contents in the building, including altars, paintings, upholstery, and historical documents. Because churches are largely uninhabited for much of the week, it becomes even more possible for water leaks or damage to go unnoticed for extended periods.
Water damage can damage or ruin hymnals, pews, and carpeting, destroy computer equipment, and delay or cause cancellation of worship services. Like any structure, though, water damage in churches can be avoided by a little judicious inspection of certain areas on a regular basis
- One area where churches may be especially prone to water damage is the baptistery. Baptistery overflow is quite common, so it is recommended that someone be on hand while it is being filled in order to be able to shut it off if there is a problem. Many have overflow pipes, and these should be checked to make sure there are no blockages or obstructions.
- Toilet overflows are also problems for churches, especially in the children’s area, where kids are notorious for putting things down the toilet. Have these inspected on a weekly basis to make sure there are no problems.
- Because many churches are so large, it is not uncommon for windows or even doors to be left open, exposing the building to the elements. Take time after every service or event to make sure the windows and doors are closed and locked securely in order to prevent access by water.
- Finally, you may want to consider setting up a rotation schedule to perform routine plumbing maintenance. This allows the church to get a head start on any problems that may arise and deal with them appropriately.
SERVPRO® of Stone Mountain/Clarkston is available to help your church or religious institution with any water damage problem. No job is too small or too large. Call 770-496-1976.